Monday, March 25, 2013

Korean Indie... something new and amazing

Recently "accidentally" get to know new type of music... something that I (or probably majority of us) never about for 20+ years. Korean indie !!! Well, indie is not indian (quoted from the peabrainer), indie=independent. So, it's korean independent music, something like DIY music, self composed and published art.

So, I started my korean indie with Standing Egg (yea I know, their name is funny) music. Downloaded one of their album Ballad with Windy from Sogou (搜狗音乐). Their songs are just too perfect, comfortable with sweet vocal. I classified it as light pop with sentimental music, and of course save them into my new favourite playlist ^^ 

Share with you all one of my favourite song in the album.... 매일 그대를

                    Artist: Standing Egg (스탠딩 에그)
                    Title: 매일 그대를 (Every Day You, based on google translate ^^)
                    Length: 4:29 mins
                    Album: Ballad With Windy
                    Rating: 8.5/10

However, there's a price for listening nice korean music... HOW to remember the name of the song I like or the song I want to replay? Well, I worked out an alternative to overcome the problem without referring to "Learning Korean for Dummies". Easy, just "recognise" the shape of the song name, and trace it one by one when I want to look for it in the playlist. Don't get what I mean? Example:

The song above, "매일 그대를"... In my mind it's called "OH   01/2   7   CH   2/2"
매 = OH
일 = 01/2
그 = 7
대 = CH
를 = 2/2
So,    매일 그대를OH   01/2   7   CH   2/2

Settled.... There's always an alternative, this is how engineer solves problem!! Engineer, problem solver!

1 comment:

  1. I know this ~ I love those song =)) go listen big baby driver ~

    ReplyDelete